Sunday, August 3, 2008

Victor Turns One!



My sister-in-law, Mardi, and her two children, Marissa and Victor, moved to Alaska back in May. Mardi wasn't comfortable with me putting any pictures of her kids online, but with Victor's b-day last week, we finally convinced her. The b-day celebration was a fun one. We started with crepes after church. I'd never made crepes before, and I was surprised at how easy they were. They were a big hit -- especially with my boys. We filled them with eggs and sausage first (so we could get some nutrition) and then lots of sugary stuff: jams and jellies, whipped cream and Nutella. Scrumptious. We waited for that to digest and then later we sang and cut Victor's b-day cake. I made him a dinosaur cake. I think his favorite part was the sugar covered orange slices that I used for the scales on the dinosaur's back! We had a fun time singing and eating cake. Victor's attention for most of the time was on the orange slices. He opened a few presents and then we just had fun hanging out. Elders Eaton and Bedke joined us, too. They're great at entertaining the kids. Happy First Birthday little nephew!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pam Gomez said...

Dear Grandson...you have touched my heart today... Do you have a nick name darlin'? Do you have a tint of red hair...you are beautiful.
I pray for the chance to happen that I can see you and your sister.
Happy 1st. Birthday!
Love, Little Grandma

Pack Perhe said...

Bere,
You are the master of creative cakes. Looks like a great party and little Victor and Ziya look pleased as punch.

Vernon 5 said...

Please tell Mardi that her kids are gorgeous! What a cutie Victor is and what a beauty Marissa has grown into! The birthday party looks really fun. Thanks, now I'm hungry for crepes!