Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fishing With Coach Trujillo

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


When Jacob's co-worker invited him and the boys to go fishing with him early Tuesday morning, I worried that they wouldn't make it (waking up early is just not our thing these days). Ammon must've been really excited... cause at 6:57 a.m. he had Abraham and himself all dressed and ready to go. There was no crying, no whining, no whimpering that the boots wouldn't go on, that the zipper was stuck or that there were too many bumps in Ammon's layers. As a matter of fact, there was not a single thing wrong with the many clothes they had to wear for the fishing trip (gosh... I guess getting dressed for the non-excitement of our daily routines just isn't motivating enough to do it with such efficiency and peace).

Ammon and Abraham couldn't contain their excitement when Coach Joe came to pick them up in his big pick up truck towing the boat. With Lunchables, fishing poles, sweatshirts, rain jackets, baseball hats and Ammon's new tackle box, they set off on their "boys only" fishing trip. I actually had to call them back from the truck to come and say bye to Ziya and me.

I never did get too many of the details of their trip, but when they walked in, I made the mistake of asking them how many fish they brought home. Ammon was very quick to remind me that that is not what's important... what's important is that they had a great time (somebody has taught him well!). I guess they caught some pinks but they threw them back in and "let them live." I can see from the pictures though that Ammon had a great time reeling in a fish... and Abe had a great time getting to be included with the big boys.

No comments: