Tuesday, August 26, 2008

60 Degrees Last Week




We get excited about 60 degree weather in Kenai... so excited that shirts come off and we run through the sprinklers (at least my boys do!). This is funny to me - the girl from Brawley who for her growing up years, tolerated 115+ temperatures all summer long (and then some!). I remember getting in the old truck and scalding my back because the seat was sooooo hot. The steering wheel literally couldn't be touched for fear of peeling off layers of skin from our fingers. And walking into the grocery store with a big wet sweat circle on one's back was absolutely no big deal... everybody else had one, too.

Now I wear sandals and short sleeves at 50 degrees and my boys act like they're going to die of heat stroke and must get permission to run through the sprinklers when it hits 60. Hey, it's all about perspective, I guess!

*I took this video last Monday, the 17th. It was our last truly sunny day for a while. I remembered the video because today it reached 60 again... so exciting!




5 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

That is too funny. Love the pictures of the boys.

Nelson Family said...

Funny. It hit 65 yesterday and I decided it was cool enough to wear a long-sleeved shirt.

munyer jerk chicken said...

Hey Kortney,
That's pretty fast acclimatization! I'd love to get to 65!

kaarin said...

We did the same thing. I put shorts on Jason for the first time and he was kind of nervous about it. He didn't know what to do about the shorts. My kids weren't as active in the water as yours. Maybe next summer it will get warm enough to do it again.

Vernon 5 said...

We loved the dancing! You go Ammon and Abe! Love, The Vernons