Friday, August 29, 2008

Petting Zoo

 
Abraham was somewhat hesitant... but courageous all at the same time!

 
We were babysitting our little friend Raven, who already knew a lot about farm animals!

 
I caught Abe doing a "touch and run" move.

 

I like the way Raven is "comforting" Abe... he was a bit nervous.
 
Now Ziya is on the run... rabbits can be scary, you know!

 
My own little billy goats...


Sometime during mid-summer, a Saturday market sets up camp just about two blocks from where we live. They sell everything from homemade jams, jellies & honey to wood carved salmon, moose and bears to knit, crochet and handsewn clothing items to regional jewelry with a whole lot of stuff in between (oh, I love the fresh produce, too!). My kids spotted a petting zoo and begged and begged for me to take them to it. They had a fun time. It made me think that one day I would love to have enough land to have some animals. I think there is much kids can learn from working with animals. For now, we'll be happy with paying a couple of dollars to pet them!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: