Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunny Day... Yeaaahhh!!!

If you asked me to, I could probably count the number of sunny days we've had this summer on one hand. As far as the weather goes, it really has been miserable. However, we've learned that in Alaska, you still have to get out and enjoy summer... no matter what the weather! This we've done, and I'm so glad of that!

On Tuesday though, the sun actually decided to shine! We immediately made plans with the Maws for some outdoor fun. We drove to their house with the kids' bikes and then walked/rode to a nearby elementary school that has a really cool playground. My kids love this playgound because the play stuff there is new and different than the other parks we usually go to. I love the park because the ground has tiny pebbles instead of sand or dirt, and I don't feel like we have to immediately throw everybody in the bath when we're done playing. Ziya loves the feel of the rocks. She played for a long time just dumping pebbles onto the slides and then brushing them off... then starting all over again.

We had a peanut butter picnic (I forgot the jelly!) and just played, played, played. I actually got just a touch of pink on my arms. It felt soooo great! Rachael and her kids, new in our ward, met us there and joined in on the fun. Even though we'll take whatever we can get, sunny weather really is the best!

Ziya helped us raise Abe's training wheels. They're just about ready to come off!
 
These spinning seats are a blast!
 
And Jacob thought doing this spinning contraption alone was fun... try doing it with three kids!
 
I love seeing such humongous smiles on my kids!
 
Hatch, Maw and Munyer kids... thanks for looking at the camera Abe and Alyssa!
 
Ziya had fun playing on the Maw's trampoline after the park.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Thomas Family said...

I love all your posts, and I love to hear about things you do with other people from the ward because then I get a little glimpse at what they are up to as well. It was fun to see Alyssa and sort of Spencer.. :) Where was Hailey at? Tell Molly Haw I miss her. :)

munyer jerk chicken said...

Hey Becca,
I don't know where Hailey was... but she was there somewhere! We had fun times with the Maws, didn't we? Remember the time we went to their house and played that funny game where you had to have the hiccups? fun times. I'd forgotten about Molly Haw... I'll tell her you say hi.

Pam Gomez said...

Who needs jelly? with all those kids having so much fun...