Monday, July 20, 2009

Smores with the Vernons

We didn't get to hang out with Liliana's (my older sister) family for the Fourth of July, so they invited us over the next day to have smores, jump on the trampoline and play soccer in the yard. My kids truly are in heaven. I kept sitting back and just feeling grateful (once again) to be with my family. Many people wondered why we moved away from blessed Alaska at such a difficult economic time. This is why. I love my family. I love hearing the laughs and seeing the sincere joy on my children's faces when they are playing with their cousins and spending time with aunts, uncles and grandparents.




Aitana and Acasia are really in to soccer - so are Ammon and Abraham. They had a lot of fun playing. The second video is of Aitana doing this crazy trick that she taught herself to do after watching it on a YouTube video. It's a unique way of throwing the ball back in to play - this just gets it a lot farther in to the field. Crazy, huh?

3 comments:

Gina and Ryan said...

Glad you are enjoying your family. It is a great reason to move, but doesn't make us miss u any less!!! The great weather is gone and the rain has moved in! Ryan is still chasing the huge king. He has until next Fri.

Unknown said...

I agree, it is so good to be around family! I am glad you guys are happy!!

Jim and Allison said...

Hey guys! Congrats on your newest family arriving and looking so adorable-all your kids are so cute! I also loved the 4th pics-you live in such a beautiful place!