Monday, July 6, 2009

June in Review... Part 2

June 3, 2009: My little Kenai turned one month old. I did manage to write in my journal for his one month birthday, and all I wrote about is how much he cried and cried all the time (I must have been frustrated and very sleep deprived when I wrote that entry). Little Kenai has some crazy curly hair that doesn't know which way to lay. He has powerfully explosive bowel movements, which always make us giggle. He loves ME (and only ME, it seems like). He loves to nurse - A LOT!!! I didn't put him on a schedule right away like I did with my other kids. Just when I was about to lose it from not sleeping at night (he went to bed at about midnight and then was up at 2a.m., 4 a.m. and again at 6 a.m.), I put him on a three hour schedule. That very same night, he slept for a five hour stretch. I felt like a new woman. He did this for two nights... and that was it! Oh well. I think he just likes his alone time with me... no big sister tugging at this face and no noise from two big brothers who love to wrestle and scream and just be loud. We bond in the middle of the night while everybody else is sleeping! I love my little man, Kenai.

*Note: Jacob's Aunt Cindy made this beautiful quilt for Kenai. She's a talented quilter and I absolutely love every quilt she has made for my children. This one uses fabrics from Kenai's great-great grandmother. The quilt design tells a story about a home with the warmth of a fire burning inside.


June 4, 2009: I made such good friends in Kenai. I'd only been in Kenai for about a week when the Ellis girls (Gina, Tiff and Jen) all picked me up for my very first Girls Night Out experience at the Duck Inn. Although it wasn't a real "regular" type of tradition, I did enjoy many nights out with my friends. It was always fun to have a few hours to myself with a bunch of girlfriends. Conversations were always stimulating, the food was always good, and most importantly, the bonds of friendship were always strengthened. This GNO at Acapulco was my last one. I'm going to miss them all.




June 6, 2009: John and Holly Maw hosted a very fun BBQ at their home. I was a dork and didn't take any pictures to show all the fun. Wiffle ball was a blast (to watch!). I got to sit with some of the other moms and chat and chat, while Jacob and the boys had fun running around for the game. In the meantime, Ziya found her preferred form of entertainment. She and the other girls dressed up as princesses. The only other picture I snapped was of my good friend Leaca holding my little Kenai. She loves to hold him and he obviously loves to be held by her, too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bere, Kenai is looking so cute! Glad you guys made it to your destination. Your going to have to change the title of your blog now that you are no where in Alaska :( Take care enjoy the heat! We all miss you guys.