Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ziya's First Haircut

Two days before Thanksgiving, my friend Krista called me in a panic from Anchorage wondering if I knew anybody who needed/wanted a haircut. She'd made an appointment but then decided to go to Anchorage at the last minute and she wouldn't be able to make it back in time for the haircut. She didn't need to say it twice... I've been needing a haircut for months now and as adorable as she always is, Ziya was starting to look a bit shaggy, too.

So we dropped Ammon off at school, dropped Abraham off at pre-school and the two girlies trotted off to the beauty salon. A couple of times, Ziya asked "Ammon?" "Esta en la escuela" (he's at school) I answered. Then she asked for Abe. Same response from me. Then she asked for Papi. Again, the same response. Finally, she got a huge grin on her face as if to say, "You mean we're all alone?" I LOVED IT!

Ziya has watched her brothers and papi get many a haircut at Dave's barber shop, so she wasn't one bit nervous when I put her up on the chair and Abby pulled out her spray bottle and scissors. As a matter of fact, she was all smiles. Then mami got the brilliant idea of pulling out the camera. All smiles turned to a sudden outburst of panic and tears (the stress was just too much... most of us girls can relate, right?). I had to calm her down and put the camera away before she'd agree to let Abby continue on. I did manage to sneak these pictures. She just wasn't the same after the camera... my bad! The haircut is a good one. The back is all nice and even now and her hair actually has some shape. From gorgeous to even more gorgeous. What luck.

I got my mane tamed a bit, too. Abby straightened it all, which was freaky, but as it usually goes, there's no photo to go with my one straight hair day. Oh well.

3 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

Oh my she needs a hug. too cute.

Anonymous said...

How sweet can she be! Nobody needs to remind you and Jacob, how much she resembles both boys (when they were that age). It is Ammon wearing a wig, hey?

Vernon 5 said...

She does not look happy! She's still so cute!