Wednesday, December 3, 2008

JUST DO IT!

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my blog but doing nothing about it. I have a TON of pictures that I want to post and write about and this becomes very overwhelming to me. I make up all kinds of lame excuses. I go through denial (I'm really not that far behind). Then I get into an all or nothing mentality (I can't possibly catch up so I just won't do it at all). Then I go through phases where I blame it on pregnancy (I just don't have the energy to do it).

Well, tonight, I sat down to read a few blogs that I like to keep up on and I got inspired and decided to JUST DO IT. A friend at church also recently gave me a framed cross stitch that she did with Spencer W. Kimball's quote " Do It" on it. I put it up where I see it many, many times each day and it is amazing how this simple thing has helped me in many small and big ways in the last week or so... even my mending pile is gone!

I figure that along with all the other Christmas projects that I need and want to work on, this one has to take a pretty high priority. I keep reminding myself that one of my main purposes in doing this blog is to end up with a book of memories at the end of each year. It just wouldn't be right to skip so many fun things at the end of the year just because I'm tired (how lame!). So here goes... I'll put them in sequential order later...

4 comments:

munyer jerk chicken said...

Hurray!!!
you caught up..
I love you for keeping our memories so vivid

love
jacob

Presley family said...

Oh wow, boy have I missed out on a lot!wink!! Are you kidding you have your hands full and getting behind every once and a while.. well, we all do it! wink!!! You are an amazing woman, mother, and wife. Thank you for sharing these memories with me!!
BIG HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry...be happy!... Your blog is contagious... I'm glad you are taking us all on (The Munyer's) life's journey together.

Love
Little Grams

Anonymous said...

Happy 14th. Birthday Marissa. Grams will ALWAYS love you. Psalm 16:11 God, show me the path of life. In Your presence I find fullness of joy. At Your right hand I find pleasures! I love you all.