Friday, January 2, 2009

Thanksgiving 2008



We spent Thanksgiving with our good friends, the Chadwicks. Youngs and Hatches were also there, along with the missionaries and a couple other of the Chadwicks' family friends. We started the day early, meeting at the Nikiski High School gym to work up an appetite. We all started a friendly game of dodgeball, but when it started to get not-so-friendly, the little kids went to the other side of the gym to play kickball. This is where I hung out and had a great time! I love these blurry pictures of Ammon and Abe running. They had a grand time. Even Ziya got some really good kicks. I also managed to snap this picture of Jacob on the ground just after somebody must have clobbered him with a ball.

We moved the party to the Chadwicks' home and feasted big time. We contributed some of my all-time favorites: funeral potatoes, my mom's yummy yams, Erin's artichoke dip and a new recipe pie that I tried -- a white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake! Ymmmmm! All of the food was divine. The company was fabulous. The game (Snerts, I think it's called) was challenging, but fun (I'm not much of a card player!). The kids had a terrific time running and screaming and playing with Owen and Tate. Jacob loved talking local high school sports with Lee. All in all, it was wonderful!

No comments: