Friday, January 2, 2009

Ammon's Christmas Program

This year Ammon participated in his first Christmas program. His school puts on a big program every year, but kindergarteners don't participate, so this was his first time. He was excited, but I could also tell he was nervous. I was nervous for him as well. I know he doesn't like to be in front of big crowds and this crowd filled the high school auditorium!

We took this first picture next to the giant snowman decoration that he made. I love the snowman's ears! The walls were plastered with these. All of the kids were very proud of their wall decorations.

In this group shot, Ammon is at the very top left corner of the group. He and his friend Anna have stood next to each other in every single program they've done since kindergarten. They are very proud of being the tallest in their group! I like it cause I can always find him easily!

This is the part that made me get tears in my eyes. Ammon had a part playing a song on a xylophone. Ms. Larson, the music teacher is amazing. In this one little song, I could see that she taught these kids so much about music (rhythm, notes, synchronization, etc.) and instruments (their instrument "etiquette" was impressive).

And we couldn't leave the program without snapping a picture of Ammon and Jimmy, one of his best buds. This is the same boy that bit Ammon a few times at the beginning of the school year. I love that kids are so forgiving!


Little did I know that this would be the closest we'd ever get to having a "Santa" picture this year! Every time we had an opportunity, the kids just shied away. I tried to tell them that Santa might get his feelings hurt and not bring presents, but this didn't seem to faze them. They got as far as getting in line for a candy cane, but when it came time to sit on Santa's lap, they refused! Oh well.

Even sadder than not having a Santa picture, is that Ziya wasn't even in the attempted picture! She was with Leaca and Raquel burning a 103 degree fever! Our angel friends lovingly watched her so that we wouldn't have to miss the program. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 comment:

LA Law said...

My kids don't like to sit on Santa's lap either. They much prefer writing a letter. I've decided that it is OK--better than standing in line forever and have them go into melt down mode!