Friday, January 2, 2009

Diggin' for Gold




I was just looking through a bunch of pictures and these made me laugh out loud. We have been working on teaching better table manners in our home (ha, ha!). One day, I got fed up and just told the boys that if they couldn't behave, they'd just have to leave the table. It must have been one of those evenings for me because on this particular day, Ammon got up and left without an explanation. He kept peeking around the corner and then he'd run away again busting up with laughter. I was starting to get annoyed and was trying to explain that this was WAY more disruptive than just laughing at the table (no, I don't teach my kids not to laugh at the table!). Anyway, this happened about five times before I realized what he was laughing about. Ziya was sitting there picking her nose... INTENTIONALLY trying to make him laugh hysterically and get into trouble. We all started laughing uncontrollably and she kept right on doing it, loving the attention.

Side note: those cute little baby boy clothes hanging in the background are for my friend Tiffany (well, they're actually for her new little Connor). Seeing as that's a Thanksgiving picture hanging on the wall and the little outfits are still hanging there today, I'm realizing that it's probably about time to give them the gift... and stop waiting for the stars to align when I actually remember to get a cute "boy" gift bag and a card. Tiffany, maybe you'll finally get these on Sunday... even if you get them in a grocery sack!

No comments: