Friday, May 30, 2008

Walking the Keen Eye Trail in Soldotna

Kaarin and I took our kiddos to walk the Keen Eye trail (funny name, huh?) at the Wildlife Refuge place in Soldotna. I'd been there once before with Ammon and his kindergarten class, but this was quite a different experience in warm weather. We put the babies in strollers, the toddler walked and the other kids ran on a very nice and easy trail. The trail ended on a nice balcony type of thing that practically sits on a beautiful lake. We sprawled out a picnic blanket and enjoyed a nice lunch of PB&J and apples. I can't even express how much I'm enjoying being outside with my kids. We've been on bike rides, we've played at the park and now we've done this little hike/walk. The icing on the cake was that my kids took a three hour nap when we got home. It was wonderful!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

Looks like fun! I love that you guys did pics with your kids. Too cute!

Unknown said...

YES! This weather is Awesome! It feels like it has been a long time coming. Cute pictures too :)
Mollie

Presley family said...

Looks like LOTS of fun!! When can I go?? You look so good!!! Wow, what a hot momma! I can't believe that you have three kids!!
BIG HUGS,
Julie

Robyn said...

Can't wait to enjoy the beautiful, cool Alaskan weather. You are becoming a regular everyday blogger. I love it!