Monday, June 2, 2008

More Wildlife in Our "Yard"

This post must be sung to the melody of "Popcorn Popping"! (come on, humor me!)

I looked out the window, and what did I see?
A great big moose staring right at me!
She had two calves; they were oh, so cute,
So I grabbed my camera and went very mute.
They ran and played all along the bluff,
Mama looked at me as if to say "Enough!"
I love stuff just like this,
It fulfills my very wish,
To experience Alaska and to eat good fish!


O.K., so that last part is really lame, but it's late and I just can't think of any other "ish" rhymes! Enjoy the pictures and short video.







p.s. For those of you who have not experienced a summer in Alaska, we shot these pictures and video at 11:00 p.m... this gives you an idea of how light it is! It does finally get dark a little after midnight, but then the sun comes right back up by about 5 or 5:30 a.m.

3 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

We are envious for the wildlife in your bakyard. Mike would be in heaven to have those experiences. That must be a great perk for being in Alaska.

Leacayoungart said...

I have some of these guys too. I need to post them. I finally caught up. I need to be better at this. =)

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

Wow! Not just one moose but two calves also. That's so amazing! I'm such a big wildlife nut- I would have loved to have seen something like that in person.

Hope you have many other fun adventures!

Sincerely,
Becky (Whitcomb) North

*I bumped into your blog. I used to live in the LB 1st Ward with you.*