Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ziya Meets Kenai... Again

This time she was awake... and very, very curious. "Kenai, baby, hat, blanket," she observed. I wrote on my last post that I thought Kenai would have to grow on Ziya. Well, he already has!

I quickly realized that it's going to be tricky to nurse so often with Ziya around. She wanted to be involved in every single part of the whole process. I had been feeling guilty because we intended to have a little birthday party for Ziya** but we never did it. Anyway, we bought her a very real looking doll that was going to be her gift for the party. Its little cheeks actually move in a sucking motion when you put a bottle in its mouth and it also has a scary real sounding cry. Now I realize that it was a really good thing she didn't get the doll yet. I think we'll give it to her when we take Kenai home so she can do her own little thing with her doll while I nurse Kenai. Hopefully that will keep her entertained!

**(I will soon get around to posting pictures of the little family dinner we did manage to have - her 2nd birthday was on April 21)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is sold on him now that is for sure.

Vernon 5 said...

Ziya looks so darling and yes...very interested in her new little brother!! Did I tell you that Aitana said she couldn't wait to get her hands on Ziya...she wants to do her hair and doll her up!!