Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kenai Turns 3 Months Old!!!


Baby Kenai turned three months old on August 3. It has been a month full of fun little milestones for Kenai. He continues to laugh and coo and smile - sometimes when prompted by somebody and other times just totally spontaneously. He carries on full conversations, both with his coos and with his facial expressions. He has also discovered his hands, which is a lot of fun to watch. He tries to put his entire fist in his mouth and he sucks and sucks. The only bad thing about this is that every time somebody else is holding him and he does this, they always hand him back to me claiming that he must be hungry and ready to nurse! Ai, ai, aieee people... he's just sucking!!!
I think Kenai is definitely the most adventuresome of my babies. In his third month of life, he has been on a boat, a catamaran and a pontoon, thoroughly enjoying all of the action! He might also be the most spoiled of my babies. Because of our living arrangements, I have not had the opportunity to sleep train him. Therefore, he still wakes up one or two times at night (sometimes even three!). As soon as he makes a peep, he gets to come into bed with me and nurse himself back to sleep, afterwards staying in bed. I've never done this before... it has its goods and bads for me, but Kenai sure likes it! Also going along with the spoiled thing, he has tons and tons of attention from grandparents, aunts (and sometimes even the uncles) and cousins, so he is held A WHOLE LOT, and he loves it.
Overall, Kenai is a happy baby and he's had a great third month!

4 comments:

kaarin said...

He sure has changed since you left Kenai. He is growing up! I enjoyed our phone call today. It was nice to hear from you.

Unknown said...

He is adorable! Robert was spoiled with the night time routine too just because though, I didn't have any excuses other than he is my last and I was too lazy to get up at night. It was much easier to plop in in bed with us and nurse him to sleep. The one negative was waking up lopsided!

-Rachel said...

Wow he's gotten so big! I can't believe it's been 3 months already, he is adorable! Congrats to Jacob on the new job. Tell the kids we miss them!

Leacayoungart said...

He has gotten so big. So cute. I miss that little guy. We are all moved in at our new place and I am organizing and cleaning, thinking..."How would Bere do this?"