Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm Looking For Another Word



A while back, I wrote a post entitled, "I'm Looking For a Word." It's about Abraham and his "volado" ways (the word that I still don't think translates into English very well; although my sister seems to think that "stoked" is a fair attempt).

Today, I'm looking for another word, this one for Ziya: FACHOSA. I'm not sure that I'm spelling this one right, but it's the word that my family and I used growing up to describe somebody who in some way has it all wrong when it comes to fashion. I think it describes Ziya pretty well in this picture.

Yes, she's wearing Superman underwear over her pajamas. This is her latest thing. Every night, they all get out of the bath at the same time and get pajamas on. I guess she doesn't want to be left out of even a single step.

She also has a pink princess toothbrush in her hand. She used to just suck on the toothpaste and ask for more, but now she actually lets me brush her six little teeth! And she gets really mad at me if I don't lift her up to allow her to "spit" into the sink (again, something she has learned from her brothers!).

And much to my dismay, that's a pacifier near her mouth. The child has never taken to a pacifier (when she was an infant and I tried and tried to give her something other than my "chi-chi" to pacify her, she would have nothing to do with one). Now she's almost a year and a half old and she found this somewhere... and she loves it! Thankfully, and to my relief, it's just a toy to her and not an attachment thing.

Oh, I almost forgot... she also has a stopwatch around her neck. I guess that one is learned from Coach Papi, who often has either a whistle or a stopwatch around his neck!

Just a tad FACHOSA, I would say!

4 comments:

Nau Willis said...

she is just adorable!!!!

Vernon 5 said...

I think the Zavala four were all fachosas at one time or another. She's just fitting in with her family!

Thomas Family said...

So adorable. She is getting so big and I'm impressed she lets you brush her teeth. I have a wrestling match with Wilson every time I get the toothbrush out.

Angeline and Matt said...

I think the word your thinking of is "faux pas" Usually the word Fashion goes in front of that, it's French for false step, Basically it means you made a fashion mistake. She's adorable in her little cuteness though!