Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bragging Rights for Alaska... Dunbar Update

In my Mid-October Catch Up post, I mentioned "the famous Dunbar kid" who broke his own state cross country record in Palmer with a 5K time of 15:07. Jacob just gave me an update on the kid (whose name is really Trevor Dunbar from Kodiak). For any runners out there (or just anybody who wants some Alaskan bragging rights), here's a link to an article about what he's been doing (and here's another one). He's actually the fastest high school cross country runner IN THE NATION right now!

2 comments:

Vernon 5 said...

Dunbar kid is amazing! Good for him! I love cross country now that two of my kids are doing it.

Pack Perhe said...

I looked at the articles--so cool! I get so inspired by stories like this. Thanks for sharing.