Sunday, September 21, 2008

We Got a New Car and My Kids Went to Homecoming






Well... sort of! For the third year in a row, Jacob has been asked to drive a fancy new truck in Kenai's homecoming parade. This year, he got a really shiny red Yukon and took all three kids to the parade. They had fun dressing up in their Kenai colors and throwing candy out the window. In the meantime, Ziya was entertained by the junior class prince and princess who sat next to her!

After the parade, they watched a powder puff football game and then went to their favorite part, the bonfire.

I also had a fun time staying home and preparing my Relief Society lesson. After they got home, we bathed everybody and then watched a movie in the car while we drove to Soldotna to return the car. It was fun to pretend for a few hours anyway! Fun times were had.

3 comments:

Vernon 5 said...

Homecoming sounds fun. That's cute that Ziya sat next to the prince and princess. It sounds like you enjoyed the car adventure too!

Nau Willis said...

reading your blog makes me want to move to Alaska! Its so pretty out there!!! LOVE the new updates guys!!!

GANG GREEN said...

I remember the Traditional Homecoming Bonfire at KCHS, Class of 89. Seeing these pictures take me back. Thanks for the flash of memories. I was a cheerleader for Football, Good Times, Steph