Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One Day...

This is a crazy post -- five videos (although they are all very short!). But I'm doing it because these videos may be worth millions one day. You see, I've thoroughly documented Ammon's very first basketball practice. Did you know that if it weren't for ties to family and the desire to give Ammon his grandpa's name (Victor), Jacob would have chosen a "T" middle name... this way, his basketball nickname could be "ATM" BECAUSE HE CASHES IN!!! Don't get me wrong, Jacob is actually doing a great job of not pushing basketball onto our children. As a matter of fact, if you ask them, they'll tell you that soccer is actually their favorite. A father can still dream though, right?


Here's the chest pass drill. I like how he says, "Owww," on the last pass.


Dribble, jump stop, shoot!


Full court dribble, jump stop, layup:


Cookie jar shot - watch how he does it perfectly after Coach walks away!!


Stop and pivot:


Ammon had a fantastic time at his practice. He knows his coach really well and he's comfortable with him (which is huge, for Ammon). He is excited about the new stuff he's learning and he's already asked us if we can get our basketball out of the storage closet.

3 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Everytime you post something I get this sad little spot inside of me because I miss you guys and Alaska. It's such a unique place with really super people! I think Jacobs dreams might come true - Ammon's gonna be pretty good. :)

Pack Perhe said...

Hi B,
Ammon looks great--so talented. I hope one day I get to look out my kitchen window and see all our boys playing a good game of b-ball. That's my dream anyway. love,
Isa

Vernon 5 said...

Jacob looks like Ammon is taking after his old man and in a few years will be putting down some nasty tomahawk slams.
Off topic - I was wondering whether Alaskan Chickens have large talons? Can you please inform me.Thanks, Craig