Sunday, September 21, 2008

This is What We've Been Doing


Today at church, Angeline asked me what I've been up to besides school. "You haven't been blogging lately... not doing anything fun these days?"

Well... we truly are in our new school routine, which during the week, includes school for Ammon and Jacob, basketball for Ammon, preschool for Abraham twice per week, apartment managing stuff and cross country coaching for Jacob... oh, and and I mustn't forget that I am Ziya's best friend and the only one who can truly entertain her. A lot of times, I find myself simply holding down the fort while Jacob is away coaching Cross Country.

It's a lot of fun when we (or at least the boys) get to join him for meets or parties (we went to a really fun team BBQ last weekend). I like to see my kids get excited about sports. I like to see them spend "sports" time with their dad. I like to see them build confidence in themselves (at the BBQ, they got involved in a game of football catch with some of the high schoolers... it was sweet to watch!).

Mr. Wensley, the father of two of the runners, gets credit for these photos. He's very talented.

8 comments:

Angeline and Matt said...

If you've noticed I haven't blogged all week either, you sound plenty busy, and how fun that you can all get out and enjoy time together in the hustle of school...I saw the big pile at the school to be burned but have never seen it put ablaze

Thomas Family said...

Those are some really really priceless photos. Sounds like you are staying busy but happy. :)

Pack Perhe said...

I love the pictures and their outfits. Mostly, I love the words on Abe's t-shirt. Very inspiring. I did think twice about the new car--I thought, wow, she didn't even mention that! Adios,
Isa

Vernon 5 said...

The boys are practically the same size. I had no idea! Sounds like you're doing o.k. I'm glad the boys get to have some cross country fun. Tell them and Ziya hi from aunt Lili!

Gina and Ryan said...

Those pictures are great...I love the one of Jacob and Abe holding hands and the one of the back of Ammon's shirt.

Gina and Ryan said...

I should have looked closer...the back of Abe's shirt! :)

Leacayoungart said...

nice photography. is that with your new camera? i want one of those.

munyer jerk chicken said...

leaca,
i only wish i had a camera like that! actually, lincoln's (on the xcountry team) dad took the pictures.