Monday, March 16, 2009

I Feel Like a Dork plus Kicking off Spring Break


We took a very long family nap today (Sunday) because we knew that we'd all be taking Jacob to the Kenai airport tonight at 10:00 p.m. and we needed the kids to still be awake. Well... as I've written before, long Sunday family naps DO NOT work in our favor. Our kids wake up totally energized, hyper, crazy, etc., and Jacob and I wake up groggy from sleeping too long... all of which happened today. We all bundled up and decided to go outside to let the kids release some of their energy. Besides this, I'd talked to my sister in Utah earlier in the day while she was out on a family walk and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice to go out on a family walk?... Wait, who cares if it's only 20 degrees outside? WE CAN DO IT!!!"

We had fun climbing our very own snow hill (we have a knack for claiming cool things around us as OURS! i.e. the beach is also ours!). We snapped some fun pictures and video. We ended the outing by walking through the RV park to get some Redoubt pictures. "Cool! Look at that cloud behind Redoubt! It makes it look like it's erupting or active or something, but it's not! It's just a cloud!" would be an approximation of the dorky narration I made on the video (which I realize now is even dorkier than I originally thought since there wasn't another single cloud in the sky!). Then I came in and saw on a couple of people's facebook accounts that Redoubt is actually stirring again and back up to ORANGE and WATCH levels. Ai, ai, aieeee!

Anyway, this is how we've kicked off our spring break. Now I'm flying solo with the kids for three days. We did take Jacob to the airport. He's headed to Spokane, WA to a teaching job fair. More news to come... WE HOPE, AND PRAY, AND HOPE, AND THEN PRAY SOME MORE!!!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the job...although I wish we could keep you here in Alaska! Boo.
-Erika

Unknown said...

Sounds like your having too much fun up there with the COLD (and snow).

We hope and pray that you get to make it back down here (under Canada) soon so we can see you again.

Good luck!

-Julia

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, good luck to you. But we will miss you all terribly!

arroyo fam said...

you're funny, amazing and i love that you still blog. i love staying connected to you this way. i'm excited for your little bun in the oven.... and for the possibility that i may see you sometime ... sooner than later! hope you survived the weekend with our your trusty jacob by your side.

Presley family said...

Looks like LOTS of fun! I am not a snow fan myself... I couldn't last a day there. wink! I hope that all went well while you were by yourself! I am sure it did becuase you are one awesome Mom!!!!
BIG HUGS!

Thomas Family said...

Bere! We heard Mt. Redoubt erupted today! That is insane. Hope you guys are ok and prepared for that and can't wait to hear a post about it!