Tuesday, January 8, 2008

i am the luckiest

we finally got to go sledding! lack of sufficient snow, sickness, scheduling… all have kept us away from the hills. but last weekend, just in time to wrap up our Christmas break, our good friends, the reese family, called us up and invited us to join them. i sat in the car while ziya slept for the first while, and i had a book i was supposed to be reading. however, it was just too entertaining to watch my husband and boys go down the hill time after time. the expressions on their faces were priceless. good wholesome fun! i wished i had one of those cameras with a powerful zoom and a continuous snap so i could capture some of their fun.

i did finally get to my book, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith and i was feeling very grateful for a Heavenly Father who still speaks to prophets. i was also listening to some music (a song called the luckiest by ben folds five [thanks becca!]), catching glances of jacob and the boys sledding, and listening to ziya's soft breathing. then to top it all off, two eagles playing with each other flew just over where jacob and the boys were sledding. i looked around at the beautiful snow, the trees, the playful eagles, my healthy fun family, a book containing gospel truths in my hands... and i truly did feel like the luckiest. it was a great moment. (not to say that i don't always feel lucky because i do... this was just one of those a-ha moments)

ziya finally woke up and we took her out to play in the snow for her first time. she wasn't sure what to think... but i did catch several smiles on her face. she just went down the gradual part of the slope. i was able to take a little video of it. what a great way to end our Christmas break.


6 comments:

Presley family said...

What a wonderful post! It looks like the perfect day! BIG HUGS! Y'all are so awesome!!!
Julie

Thomas Family said...

We love sledding. I'm glad you all finally got out - did you go for icecream after? That would be the "maw" thing to do. How is the new intern and his wife? We had them over for dinner before they left to talk about AK and answer questions they had. She seemed a little concerned about it all. I hope they have a good experience....come to think of it I think we all were a little concerned when we decided to move to AK right! :) Before they left they bought some scrubs off of mark and I was wishing it was me coming. We miss you guys! Oh and to change the backgrounds is a little intense. I messed around with the HTML in templates before I figured it out. I will try to email an explanation to you. love ya!
becca

Thomas Family said...

Here is a link to cute blog backgrounds...I havn't used them but I think they are easier than what I did.
http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/

Presley family said...

Ok, girl it is time for new update!!! wink!!!
Julie

Veronica said...

How fun, Bere!
Your kids are simply gorgeous!!!

Presley family said...

Ok,
Last post was Jan. and it is now March.... I need to see some new pics of those adorable kids of yours. By the way ... thank you for your sweet comment about my bad day. It sounds like you had a great enrichmant night. (Thorns and roses) You are a great friend!!! You rock!! wink!!!
BIG HUGS!