Friday, October 5, 2007

is it getting cold yet? you ask

imagine that creepy music from Jaws. that's what i've been feeling like lately. it's that "it's creeping up on you and it's very scary" feeling. i go out in the mornings to take ammon to school and i wish i had a remote starter so i could warm up the car and wouldn't have to feel that cold leather on my backside. last monday, there was ice on the windshield. genius me thought i could just "melt" it off with more water... so i did the little windshield washer fluid stuff and it froze immediately. it just took that much longer to scrape! one of our friends already put snow tires on his truck. the snow plowing company called today to set everything up for the apartment parking lot plowing. on our walk today, abraham was wearing sweats, another sweatshirt over it, a jacket, hat and mittens... and he still cried because it was just too cold for him. all the signs are here. de, da, de, dum, de, da, de, dum... faster and faster (that's my jaws music).

2 comments:

Merrily Cannon said...

I can relate to the suffering children in the cold. When we moved to UT last year, it just happened to be the coldest year on record and our boys would run away and cry whenever the front door opened. They would cry when we put their coats on, and said it was time to go outside! Paul kept asking me when we were going back to CA! Hopefully they will cope a little easier this year.

arroyo fam said...

Hey guys, I just put our fans in the closet. It's cooling off here, but nothing like what you're experiencing. Lucky for me cause I'm cold when it's 60 degrees. I know I'm a whimp with the cold. = )